- About us
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Remedial Massage Therapy
- Contact us
- FWG in Media
- FWG Blog
Self care means different things to different people. In essence self care is about making time for yourself – to nourish your mind and body. This fills up your cup and therefore enables you to be of service to others.
If you are having trouble thinking about what gives you joy, makes you feel calm or relaxed you might find something that resonates with you here, so explore what works for you. For more exploration visit my find your joy post.
Mind & body balance
- Journaling – Writing (with a pen and paper and no editing!) about your feelings and also thoughts so they can be released
- Breathing – Complete breathing exercises each night – Breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 2 counts, breathe out for 5 counts, hold for 2 counts. Repeat
- Visualisations – visualise yourself at a time or place of peace -perhaps it was on a holiday or a somewhere special where you feel relaxed. Connect back with your breath and get out of your head.
- Reading – I believe paper is better than devices
- Psychology/ Counselling – An opportunity to express and unpack your feelings and thoughts
- Yoga – there is a huge choice online on the Surfcoast
- Dance – getting lost in movement
- Exercise – boosting your endorphins, working up a sweat, moving the Qi, clearing energy
- Baths – soft lighting, flower petals, music, oils – what ever gives you bliss
- Topical Magnesium- Magnesium baths and lotions are a great addition to a self care routine to soften tension
- Essential oils – oils have a potent effect on the body and mind
- Create a ritual before bed – Avoid stimulus, turn off devices e.g computer, television, phones, turn off wifi
- Herbal tea – so many choices!
- Health and beauty treatments – acupuncture (of course!) massage, craniosacral therapy, reiki, facials, nails what ever makes you zing.
- Music – spotify is a great source for creating your own playlists
- Socialise – talk, chat, connect and also laugh
- Meditation – Apps can be a good help to guide you – insight timer
- Connect with nature – walks on the beach or in the forrest or a park so you can be in fresh air and sunlight
- Gardening – hands on the earth and the promise of future growth, to plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow
- Creative activities such as drawing, colouring, painting or photography