- What we do
- Who we are
- Our therapies
- Treatment for
- Contact us
- FWG in Media
- FWG Blog
The decision to start a family can be compelling and you may feel an urgency for it to happen straight away, but sometimes it doesn’t ‘just happen’.
At Ford wellness group we offer the following programs to enhance fertility:
- Preconception care program
- Natural fertility program
- IVF support program
Both men and women will benefit from undertaking a course of treatment. We can provide you with a personal timeline for treatments which will offer you support from preconception to birth and beyond.
Preconception care is a support program of lifestyle advice, dietary advice and acupuncture treatments for couples who are planning to start a family.
By undertaking a program of regular acupuncture sessions prior to trying to conceive you can:
- Improve your overall health
- Regulate your hormones
- Regulate your menstrual cycle
- Treat underlying conditons that may hinder conception
- Learn more about your own body and discover the optimum time to concieve
We generally recommend a course of treatment for three menstrual cycles before attempting conception.
For women currently trying to conceive naturally treatment focuses on regulating the menstrual cyle and ovulation. This can be achieved with Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, nutrition and dietary therapy. Using these therapies we can effectively treat underlying conditions such as;
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovulation issues
- Hormonal imbalances such as high testosterone
- Unknown infertility
Acupuncture can help you achieve a natural pregnancy.
Acupuncture can have a significant impact on male infertility. Our clinic combines regular Acupuncture sessions with herbal and nutritional supplements to improve male fertility. Many couples enjoy the experience of visiting our clinic together as they start the journey towards parenthood.
50% of all infertility problems are a result of male factor infertilty. Recent studies have shown that acupuncture can benefit low sperm counts and reduce abnormal morphology.
An acupuncture IVF support program can be started anytime prior to or during an IVF cycle. We recommend undertaking a preconception progam for three months before IVF stimulation begins. There are various reasons why couples seek the assistance of IVF. IVF is a miracle procedure, however, in some cases the process can be long and difficult and additonal support emotional and physical support is required. Acupuncturists believe that a woman’s physical and emotional health is very important to the success rate of IVF. Our treatments will aim to combine relaxation with physical results.
Benefits of combining acupuncture with IVF;
- Improves ovarian function to produce better quality eggs
- Regulates hormones to produce a greater number of follicles
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and increase the thickness of the uterine lining thus improving chances of implantation
- Relaxes the patient and reduce stress levels and anxiety
- Prevents the uterus contractions that can inhibit implantation.
- Reduces the side effect of IVF medications and aid recovery from IVF procedures
Acupuncture is commonly used in conjunction with IVF in various countries including China and Germany. Clinical trials are now revealing that acupuncture can increase IVF success rates significantly (A recent German study found that the success rate of IVF procedures can be increased by almost 50% when combined with acupuncture). Consequently IVF specialists in Australia are now also recommending concurrent acupuncture treatments.
We assist with support for
- IVF preparation
- Acupuncture during the medication phase
- Acupuncture before and after egg pick up
- Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer
- Acupuncture for early pregnancy care