- What we do
- Who we are
- Our therapies
- Treatment for
- Contact us
- FWG in Media
- FWG Blog
Summer health and wellness
The transition of one year into the next is a time when many of us take a break, review our year past and plan for the year ahead. Here are 5 tips to keep your health on track this Summer;
1. Make promises to yourself for the year ahead. Instead of saying, ‘I won’t smoke’ or ‘I won’t eat junk’, visualise what you do want. This year take some time to list affirmations as an alternate to resolutions— ‘I will eat fresh healthy food’ ‘I am a non-smoker’, ‘I will exercise three times per week’, think about what you want to achieve in 2018
2. Re-establish fitness, Summer is a great motivator for this. Make the most of cool mornings and bright sunshine by taking brisk walks in the early hours of the morning. Get into an exercise routine that may include walking, running, swimming and other activities such as pilates, yoga, beach swimming or surfing. Everybody should spend at least 30 minutes each day participating in some exercise.
3. Eat Less, appetite eases during Summer as the body shakes off the need to store fuel as it did over the colder months. If you want to loose weight you can take advantage of these natural trends to help you do more and eat less.
4. Be social, many studies have been conducted into what makes humans happy. The findings are that it is not material things that provide happiness but the relationships we have with others. Christmas is traditionally a time to socialize with family and friends so this should be an easy to achieve, it also leads into the next tip…..
5. Make time to rest, you body with be working harder to keep you cool on hot days and the heat can make you drowsy. Aim to get the recommended 8 hours sleep each night but listen to your body, you might need more or less.
The comments are closed.